Admission to the Master’s degree programme in Ancient Egypt and Western Asia: archaeology, history and languages is ALSO open to holders of an Italian Laurea degree.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that all the courses available in the English programme are also part of the two Italian curricula (‘Egittologico’ and ‘Vicino e Medio Oriente’), where they are taught in English as well. The Italian curricula offer a wider range of courses and more flexibility for the Italian students. The title provided by the English degree programme is totally equivalent to the Italian master degree (Laurea Magistrale) and cannot be considered an international title.
The application requires two steps:
- a declaration of knowledge of the English language, specifying the duration of studies and the type of certification held;
- the academic degree they possess, with an indication of the legal duration of the course (at least three years), together with a copy of the degree certificate and transcripts (translated to English or Italian);
- a copy of their complete Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum covering their education program, as well as any other relevant cultural and professional experience that might help the Coordinator to evaluate the applicant.
Application deadlines and selection scheduleApplications are open every year January 1, 12:00pm (GMT) till November 30. The Coordinator of the Master Degree Program will assess the applicants’ background and education, their potential skills and attitude to attend the offered programme. If necessary, an interview may be set up with the applicants: they will be interviewed by the Coordinator, who will evaluate their motivation, expectations, and technical skills, as well as their mastering of the English language.
Admission is open to graduates with any other Italian Laurea degree that satisfies the following requirements:
at least 42 CFUs taken from the Academic Disciplines with codes L-OR and L-ANT (Check requirements).
The following requirements will be verified:
- that the aforementioned curricular requirements are met by the applicant;
- that the applicant possesses an adequate knowledge of the English language, comparable to the level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. This last requirement can be waived if the applicant provides a suitable English language certification at the time of enrolment.
If you are an Italian citizen with a suitable degree obtained abroad, for the purpose of enrolling at the University of Pisa you must contact the dedicated WIS! (Welcome International Students!) desk.