Non-EU citizens with residency abroad
If you are a non-EU citizen living outside of Italy, you must first pre-enroll on the Universitaly Ministerial Portal in order to apply for the study visa at the competent Italian diplomatic headquarters abroad. More details are available in the dedicated pages of the University website, or on http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/.
The application requires three steps:
- a declaration of knowledge of the English language, specifying the duration of studies and the type of certification held;
- the academic degree they possess, with an indication of the legal duration of the course (at least three years), together with a copy of the degree certificate and transcripts (translated to English or Italian);
- a copy of a valid passport;
- a copy of their complete Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum covering their education program, as well as any other relevant cultural and professional experience that might help the Coordinator to evaluate the applicant.
Application deadlines and selection schedule
- applications are open from the publication date of this Call to June 1, 2022, 12:00pm (GMT) till June 30, 2022
- notifications of admission/rejection are delivered by July 15, 2022
Applicants must hold:
- a BA, or equivalent first-cycle degree, obtained abroad after the completion of a three-year (minimum) course of study, providing a suitable background in Egyptology and/or Oriental Studies.
- we also consider applications from students who expect to get their BA degree by their pre-enrolment deadline (which is set by the Italian embassy or consulate in their country). Their admission will be subject to their obtaining the degree by the specified deadline;
- the Coordinator of the Master Degree Program will evaluate the suitability of the applicant’s degree only for the purpose of this competition. The admission of candidates holding a qualification issued in a non-EU country will be subject to verification and recognition of legitimacy by the Italian deputy diplomatic authorities.
- Knowledge of the English language, comparable to the level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, is also required.